Saturday, February 3, 2007

#5 Dancer


I took this picture at a medieval event I goto on the weekends. She was preforming a middle eastern dance that is beautiful to watch. I wish I got more shots, but I was also busy juggling kids around.


You might see more of this theme since this is what I normally do on the weekends. I haven't gotten into it for the past year, but I'm getting back into the swing of things.


If you're interested, check it out at http://www.sca.org/ and find a group in your area.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That gives me an idea for a shot as well :) Great portrait.

Jen P. said...

This is so incredibly beautiful. Her expression is so peaceful and the colors, so vibrant. But what I really love is how the backgound lines kind of outline her. Very Very nice.

Nullix said...

Oh, you're right. I wish I can say I had forthought to take the picture when she was framed by the background, but it was all about getting a steady shot.

The background is this celtic knott work that I tride to blur out, but this lens (70-200f4) only opens to f4.

Terra Photography said...

I really like the composition and colors in this image. It is a very nice portrait.

puzzled p said...

What an incredibly beautiful portrait. Oh darn, I see a commenter said exactly what I wanted to say about the background - it's perfect! The colors are fantastic. This image is full of life. Nice work!

bvlindalou said...

I like how clear she is and the background is out of focus. Beautiful color