Sunday, January 21, 2007

#3 Front Light


To go with my square composition. I'm trying a composition with the subject (the light on the wall outside my home), with the lack of a subject. I'm not certain how it'll go. It looks fine.


I also tried to bring out the stuco on the wall to give it more texture. It's pretty nice trick I learned somewhere to create a channel, find the edges, then load that channel as a selection and sharpen the hell out of it. It really brings out the tectures. I'd like more texture in the light, but you can't have everything.


Enjoy

6 comments:

Elaine said...

I like the simplicity and the texture.

Obsidian said...

I like the contrast between the almost bas relief like nature of the stucco compared to the less distant nature of the light. Nice composition.

Unknown said...

Very nice trick and very nice effect :)

Jeff said...

I like the stucco processing quite a bit. The light might be more interesting if the image were made while the light was turned on, just before dusk perhaps. Still, this shows promise as is. Great texture.

Nullix said...

Thanks Jeff. I might try that. It would be nice too to get some side light to bring out the stucco more. Maybe I'll try a different wall. I'll have to look for a north or south facing wall to get the side light.

Unknown said...

I was going to suggest a raking light shining right down the surface to give depth but the effect you created worked better than I thought.
I may have to try it myself.