Friday, January 5, 2007

First PAW this year


I've actually been in China adopting a child this past week. I didn't really have time to photograph. I took this shot during the few hours we had to site-see. I don't like the lack of contrast between the statue and the background. I only did minor changes which involved straighting the perspective and a little bit of curves.


This is a statue of a famous lady in Nanjing China who killed herself in the lake she had. She was so loved by the people of the town, the made a statue of her. Here's the story.


Enjoy.

9 comments:

Obsidian said...

Sometimes we, as photographers, perceive flaws in an image because we have trained ourselves - or been brainwashed - into thinking that there are certain idylls we have to replicate. I like this photograph because of the underlying narrative, the story it tells and the emotions it evokes.

Unknown said...

I love this photo on more than one lvl. The story, the statue, the architecture, the reflections, colors, shadows, the shapes in the windows, ect. She stands out nicely to me. A LOVELY shot to be proud of!

John M. Setzler, Jr. said...

Thats a gorgeous photo :) Excellent stuff... I love the square theme and I intend to pursue that more in the future...

Nullix said...

I found the link to the story here. I'll add it to the posting. Thanks for the comments.

Unknown said...

I like the composition in this picture. The story is also very interesting.

L2 said...

Congratulations on a great shot, and an interesting story. The story really made the image come to life. :)

Karen said...

Lovely photo and congratulations on your new family member, hopefully we'll get to see photos!

Mr. Cross said...

obsidian says it very well, so I will just say good job.

kaye said...

Very nice.. love all the squares and triangles and lines contrasted with the flowing statue. It's plenty of contrast, even if it's not a dark/light contrast.